Con Edison Executing New IT Vison with Cognizant to Better Serve 10 Million New Yorkers
Cognizant today announced that it has been selected by Con Edison, one of the nation’s largest energy delivery organizations, to help modernize the company’s application and technology infrastructure to better serve 10 million people in New York City and the surrounding regions.
Recruitment from Russell Group Universities declines again as management consultancies continue to broaden talent pool
- The number of young consultants that attended a Russell Group university has fallen by 28% since 2011
- Younger consultants more concerned about competitive salary and travel than sociable hours and flexibility which matter more to older consultants
- 1 in 4 young consultants considering leaving UK after Brexit according to new independent research
- Consultancy sector continues to grow, up 8% in 2019 with 6% growth estimated for the next 12/24 months...
Cognizant Acquires Code Zero, a Leading Consultancy for Cloud-Based Configure-Price-Quote and Billing Solutions
Cognizant today announced it has acquired Code Zero Consulting, a privately-held provider of consulting and implementation services for cloud-based Configure-Price-Quote (CPQ) and billing solutions.
BoE rate cut: new research shows banks, savers & businesses with deposits the big losers if Bank cuts rates this week
New research from pricing strategy specialists Simon-Kucher (www.simon-kucher.com) shows that if the Bank of England decides to cut base rates this week, the big losers will be savers and businesses with surplus liquidity in the form of bank deposits, and the banks themselves, which stand to lose £1.2bn in annual profits.
UK Manufacturing Business Optimism Improves at the Strongest pace since 2014 - CBI
Manufacturers reported a surge in optimism in the three months to January, marking the largest upward swing in sentiment in a single quarter on record. That’s according to the latest CBI quarterly industrial trends survey.
Tech giants help drive high-tech consulting – up US$1bn in just two years
As the US tech giants, Apple, Microsoft, and Google continue to grow aggressively and expand their range of services, they’ve ramped up their use of consultants, finds a new report today.
Finalists announced for prestigious MCA 2020 Awards
- 33 firms make it to finalist stages in both project and individual awards
- Improving care and shortening waiting times for cancer patients and transforming police forces across UK provide strong examples of value of consulting to public sector
- Major businesses from BP, to HSBC, Astra-Zeneca, Standard Chartered, Ocado and L’Oréal line up to champion the collaborative work done with consultancies...
Consultancy sector continues to grow, up 8% in 2019, according to latest survey, as UK clients embrace technology transformations
- Over a third of firms exceed growth expectations in 2019 (34%) with digital transformation projects driving growth
- Post-election, sector body, the MCA, warns the UK should not squander this opportunity in 2020 to reshape Britain and secure its competitive position in the world as a centre for entrepreneurship, innovation and digital leadership
- 6% growth estimated for next 12-24 months with three quarters of firms expecting consulting activity to rise
- A quarter of firms say driving sustainability efforts is the number one trend for UK businesses...
Cognizant Named a Leader in SAP Services by Forrester Research
Cognizant recently announced it has been named a leader among SAP service providers for midsize enterprises in a new report by Forrester Research.
First group of Management Consultants achieve prestigious Chartered Award
The first group of management consultants from across 10 firms have been granted Chartered status and presented with their certificates at a ceremony in London.
Digital Ecosystem: three steps to digitisation - A perspective from Moorhouse Consulting
The hype around cutting edge technology such as AI is all around us. Not experimenting with it means getting left behind, yet these experiments often bring little benefit or distract from achieving strategic objectives. In this perspective we explore three steps for a successful digitisation.
Berkeley appoints new partner in New York
We are delighted to announce that Ben Wildman has become a Partner at The Berkeley Partnership, effective 1st January 2020.
Transfer pricing clampdown drives work for global tax advisors
Global tax advisors are being increasingly called upon by large corporates to advise on transfer pricing as tax authorities around the world clamp down on perceived abuses, finds a new report today from Source Global Research.
Healthcare consulting revenues pass US$10bn
Global healthcare consulting revenues passed US$10bn (US$10.9bn) in 2018, with the market growing 9.1% as healthcare companies pursued a global agenda of growth, efficiency, patient-centricity, and digitisation.
Recreating first-mover advantage in a crowded consulting market
One of the topics we’re most often asked about is expansion. Usually, this is about geography, but it doesn’t have to be—a point I’ll come back to later. Perhaps demand for a particular service is on the wane; perhaps there’s no headroom for growth in a specialised market; perhaps the opportunities elsewhere simply look more attractive. Whatever the driver, the questions are the same: Where to go, and what to do when you get there? writes Fiona Czerniawska of Source Global consulting
UK aerospace industry is top for investment in Europe
With revenue of nearly £38 billion, the UK aerospace industry is ranked number one in Europe for investment, a new PwC report has said
Wood Mackenzie Ltd
Everything you need to know about the energy transition
The age of power and renewables has already begun. How will the global energy value chain respond to the great fuel switch? Find out more below about the future of renewable energy and what the energy transition could mean for your business...
5 Emerging IoT Trends To Watch In 2020
A look at five emerging IoT trends solution providers need to watch in 2020, ranging from the sectors that will drive explosive data growth to new kinds of data and sensors.
Tackling the war for talent
What difference can tackling the war for talent make in the built environment sector – and why does this even matter?
How the Best Workplaces Are Winning Over Employees With Parental Benefits
Becoming and being a working parent isn’t what it used to be.
Amid the shifts in technology and social norms, companies are being called on to update their policies and benefits for new parents