MCA Launches Guide to encourage Government to use smaller consultancy firms
The Management Consultancies Association (MCA) has launched a new guide for Government Buyers of Consultancy, to help encourage them to consider using SMEs more regularly.
COVID-19 | Update for 20 March 2020
We're all facing unprecedented challenges in the next few weeks and months, in our daily lives, in our communities, and in our businesses. But we're already seeing evidence of how, if we work together, we can make a difference, an article from Source Global Research...
MCA Statement on Impact on Businesses and Government Coronavirus Guidance
Commenting on the latest Government guidance on Coronavirus, Tamzen Isacsson, MCA Chief Executive, said:
Should you be scared of…COMATCH?
Today’s clients are faced with a dizzying variety of options when it comes to buying professional services. While the industry is still dominated by a handful of big firms, they are no longer the default option they once were, writes Fergus Blair of Source Global Research...
BearingPoint posts strong 2019 as it starts executing its Strategy 2025
- Substantial growth in bookings points to a successful 2020
- Three major ambitions drive Strategy 2025...
Mason Advisory ranks in FT 1000: Europe’s Fastest Growing Companies 2020 report
Financial Times names North West IT consultancy one of the fastest-growing companies in Europe.
UK consulting market records slowest growth in seven years
- Growth rate almost halves since 2016 EU Referendum
- Central government upheaval delays decision making around new initiatives
- Regulatory-driven work in financial services is no longer a cash cow for UK consultants...
Cognizant Named a Top Employer 2020 in 15 Countries Worldwide
Cognizant has been named a Top Employer 2020 in 15 countries worldwide by Top Employers Institute. The Institute recognises leading organisations that continuously optimise workplace practices to develop and nurture talent while providing an outstanding work environment.
Is consulting ready for its Amazon moment?
Suppose you moonlight as a small business owner and you want to start selling your products online; maybe you make a line of high-quality cashmere socks embroidered with inspirational Paul Drucker quotes. And further suppose that—for one of any number of perfectly valid reasons—you have a strong ethical aversion to working with Amazon, writes Fergus Blair of Source Global Research...
PA Consulting announces record fee income of £500 million for 2019
PA Consulting, the consultancy that’s bringing ingenuity to life, announces record fee income of £500 million for 2019, a 10 per cent increase on 2018.
Con Edison Executing New IT Vison with Cognizant to Better Serve 10 Million New Yorkers
Cognizant today announced that it has been selected by Con Edison, one of the nation’s largest energy delivery organizations, to help modernize the company’s application and technology infrastructure to better serve 10 million people in New York City and the surrounding regions.
Recruitment from Russell Group Universities declines again as management consultancies continue to broaden talent pool
- The number of young consultants that attended a Russell Group university has fallen by 28% since 2011
- Younger consultants more concerned about competitive salary and travel than sociable hours and flexibility which matter more to older consultants
- 1 in 4 young consultants considering leaving UK after Brexit according to new independent research
- Consultancy sector continues to grow, up 8% in 2019 with 6% growth estimated for the next 12/24 months...
Cognizant Acquires Code Zero, a Leading Consultancy for Cloud-Based Configure-Price-Quote and Billing Solutions
Cognizant today announced it has acquired Code Zero Consulting, a privately-held provider of consulting and implementation services for cloud-based Configure-Price-Quote (CPQ) and billing solutions.
BoE rate cut: new research shows banks, savers & businesses with deposits the big losers if Bank cuts rates this week
New research from pricing strategy specialists Simon-Kucher (www.simon-kucher.com) shows that if the Bank of England decides to cut base rates this week, the big losers will be savers and businesses with surplus liquidity in the form of bank deposits, and the banks themselves, which stand to lose £1.2bn in annual profits.
UK Manufacturing Business Optimism Improves at the Strongest pace since 2014 - CBI
Manufacturers reported a surge in optimism in the three months to January, marking the largest upward swing in sentiment in a single quarter on record. That’s according to the latest CBI quarterly industrial trends survey.
Tech giants help drive high-tech consulting – up US$1bn in just two years
As the US tech giants, Apple, Microsoft, and Google continue to grow aggressively and expand their range of services, they’ve ramped up their use of consultants, finds a new report today.
Finalists announced for prestigious MCA 2020 Awards
- 33 firms make it to finalist stages in both project and individual awards
- Improving care and shortening waiting times for cancer patients and transforming police forces across UK provide strong examples of value of consulting to public sector
- Major businesses from BP, to HSBC, Astra-Zeneca, Standard Chartered, Ocado and L’Oréal line up to champion the collaborative work done with consultancies...
Consultancy sector continues to grow, up 8% in 2019, according to latest survey, as UK clients embrace technology transformations
- Over a third of firms exceed growth expectations in 2019 (34%) with digital transformation projects driving growth
- Post-election, sector body, the MCA, warns the UK should not squander this opportunity in 2020 to reshape Britain and secure its competitive position in the world as a centre for entrepreneurship, innovation and digital leadership
- 6% growth estimated for next 12-24 months with three quarters of firms expecting consulting activity to rise
- A quarter of firms say driving sustainability efforts is the number one trend for UK businesses...
Cognizant Named a Leader in SAP Services by Forrester Research
Cognizant recently announced it has been named a leader among SAP service providers for midsize enterprises in a new report by Forrester Research.
First group of Management Consultants achieve prestigious Chartered Award
The first group of management consultants from across 10 firms have been granted Chartered status and presented with their certificates at a ceremony in London.