Winners Announced of MCA Awards 2020
- The Times Consultant of the Year and winner of Thought Leader Consultant of the Year goes to Louise Ellis, Arup
- Project of the Year, sponsored by Deltek, is awarded to EY with The Metropolitan Police Service
- Award winners highlight how industry is driving forward the sustainability agenda and improvements in vital public services across the country
- 7 individual winners celebrated with Young Consultant of the Year going to Anju Jacob, Deloitte and Outstanding Achievement Award going to Anna Somaiya from KPMG for her work in promoting diversity and inclusion in the industry...
Half of UK employers planning to reduce office space and ‘stagger’ return to work
- 49% staggering return based on individual health risks
- Quarter basing return on local infection rate
- 44% of companies plan to reduce office space
- Half of companies slash travel & expenses budgets in cost-saving exercise
- Third of professionals expecting changes to office layout.
Deloitte COVID-19 Economics Monitor
The COVID-19 Economics Monitor is produced by Deloitte’s Economics and Markets team. It features a changing set of charts and tables illustrating key economic themes from the COVID-19 crisis and our forecasts for UK GDP growth over this year and the next.
US consultants find pockets of opportunity as COVID-19 weighs on the market
● Although COVID-19 is likely to disrupt the market this year, the all-important technology consulting market will fare better than other types of consulting during the COVID-19 pandemic, with a contraction of just 4% expected
● The dominance of technology consulting in the US also means the US market will contract less than most other consulting markets globally...
KPMG: Out of the crisis into a new ESG reality?
Acting on ESG issues was important before this pandemic and will be even more important after it.
McKinsey&Co: Inside a project that used AI to help survivors of modern slavery
For survivors of modern slavery, the end of the nightmare is hardly the end of the story. After rescue or escape, the recovery process begins.
McKinsey&Co: From surviving to thriving - Reimagining the post-COVID-19 return
In this article, we suggest that in order to come back stronger, companies should reimagine their business model as they return to full speed. The moment is not to be lost: those who step up their game will be better off and far more ready to confront the challenges—and opportunities—of the next normal than those who do not.
Meet The Top Young Entrepreneurs Of The Forbes Under 30 2020 List
At a time of great global uncertainty, it is hard to see beyond the doom and gloom. Fortunately, our fifth annual Under 30 Europe list delivers a much needed dose of optimism.
PA Consulting launches the world's first artificially intelligent system to prevent power outages by predicting asset failures weeks in advance
PA Consulting (PA), the consultancy that's bringing ingenuity to life, has co-developed iPredict™, the world's first artificially intelligent system to prevent power outages by predicting asset failures weeks in advance.
PA Consulting supports production of life-saving new ventilators for NHS
On 16 April 2020, the Cabinet Office confirmed that the first newly-adapted ventilator design from the government’s Ventilator Challenge had received regulatory approval and the first batch of devices have already been dispatched to NHS hospitals to support coronavirus patients.
Almost 80% of companies suffering staffing disruption due to Covid-19, say Verdict readers
Layoffs in response to the economic downturn caused by the Covid-19 coronavirus are either expected or have begun happening at 44% of companies, according to a survey of over 1,000 people conducted by Verdict.
Refinitiv Enhances ESG Scoring Methodology to Reflect Sustainable Industry Developments and Market Changes
Refinitiv ESG scores now more data driven than ever, addressing three main industry challenges of Materiality, Transparency Stimulation, Size Bias, allowing investors and companies more objective industry peer-comparisons.
MCA Hosts Series of Workshops on the Impact of COVID-19
The Management Consultancies Association (MCA) is hosting a series of virtual workshops for MCA member firms and their employees on issues impacting both individuals and employees during the current situation.
COVID-19 | Update for 27 March 2020
We're all facing unprecedented challenges in the next few weeks and months, in our daily lives, in our communities, and in our businesses. But we're already seeing evidence of how, if we work together, we can make a difference, an article from Source Global Research...
MCA Launches Guide to encourage Government to use smaller consultancy firms
The Management Consultancies Association (MCA) has launched a new guide for Government Buyers of Consultancy, to help encourage them to consider using SMEs more regularly.
MCA Statement on Impact on Businesses and Government Coronavirus Guidance
Commenting on the latest Government guidance on Coronavirus, Tamzen Isacsson, MCA Chief Executive, said:
Should you be scared of…COMATCH?
Today’s clients are faced with a dizzying variety of options when it comes to buying professional services. While the industry is still dominated by a handful of big firms, they are no longer the default option they once were, writes Fergus Blair of Source Global Research...
BearingPoint posts strong 2019 as it starts executing its Strategy 2025
- Substantial growth in bookings points to a successful 2020
- Three major ambitions drive Strategy 2025...
Mason Advisory ranks in FT 1000: Europe’s Fastest Growing Companies 2020 report
Financial Times names North West IT consultancy one of the fastest-growing companies in Europe.
UK consulting market records slowest growth in seven years
- Growth rate almost halves since 2016 EU Referendum
- Central government upheaval delays decision making around new initiatives
- Regulatory-driven work in financial services is no longer a cash cow for UK consultants...