Tech Outsourcing Trend Predictions for 2018
Steven Hall, Partner at ISG, will be joining the UK team as Partner & President EMEA in January. Ahead of transferring from the US, Steven has shared a forward look into tech outsourcing trends for 2018. His top 5 predictions are...
- Merger & Acquisition activity will boom: The market has already witnessed a revolution in traditional partner-supplier relationships, with booming tech start-ups leading the charge in offering innovative solutions, and larger companies snapping them up to bolster their capabilities. This start-up boom will also continue to spur increased M&A activity in 2018.
- Digital will dominate. The As-a-Service market will continue its meteoric rise in Europe, as it has in the US and Asia, closing in on traditional sourcing contracts. Largely driven by agility and cost-saving imperatives, the current market uncertainty in the UK makes As-a-Service solutions the perfect fit, as they give organisations the flexibility to ramp up and down spending more quickly than traditional services.
- Compliance headaches will impact investment. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will hamper the European market as organisations redirect funds into navigating compliance.
- Reshoring will accelerate. Organisations will continue to adopt automation to improve business efficiency. This will result in a major move to re-shore administrative functions back to the UK, largely because automation will dramatically reduce the cost of delivering services on home soil.
- Robotics will surge. Automation, machine learning and cognitive technologies will continue to reshape enterprise strategy and workplaces. Adoption of these cutting-edge technologies will accelerate as business leaders see increasing numbers of tried-and-tested success stories.